7 January 2020
The State of Corporate Sustainability Reporting in the EU
The Alliance for Corporate Transparency will present the results of the research carried out on the content and quality of the disclosures of 1000 European companies, the largest study to date on corporate sustainability reporting.
17 February, 12.30h - 18h
Residence Palace, Rue de la Loi 155, 1048 Bruxelles
Register here: http://bit.ly/38JLJ36
The event will focus on the central role of companies’ reporting in the sustainable finance and corporate governance debate and its connection with the initiatives and proposals stemming from the Sustainable Finance Action Plan. The project was set up to analyse how companies are implementing the requirements introduced by the EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive with the objective of providing evidence and data to substantiate the debate on the standardisation of corporate sustainability reporting and the role of the law.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Alain Deckers, Head of Unit, Corporate reporting, audit and credit rating agencies, DG FISMA, EU Commission
- Charlotte Gardes, Deputy Head of the Financial Stability at DG Trésor, France
- Bastian Buch, Chief of Standards at GRI
- Richard Howitt, formerly CEO of the IIRC and MEP
- Heidi Hautala, MEP and Vice-President of the European Parliament
- Lara Wolters, MEP
- Sebastien Godinot, Economist at WWF European Policy Office
- Mirjam Wolfrum, Director Policy Engagement, CDP Europe
- Filip Gregor, Head of Responsible Companies, Frank Bold
- Carlos Cordero, Managing Partner, Sustentia
- Michael Zimonyi, Policy & External Affairs Director, CDSB
- Rosl Veltmeijer-Smits, Portfolio Manager, Triodos Investment Management
- Lene Serpa, Head of Organisational Engagement and Reporting, A.P. Moller Maersk
Participants will include regulators, investor and company representatives, civil society organisations, think tanks and supervisory authorities, who will engage in a crucial discussion with speakers about the future review of the NFR Directive (included in the Green Deal for 2020).